Florida’s 32 United Ways have joined forces to address two key issues during the 2014 Florida Legislative Session: access to quality early education for all children and access to affordable healthcare for all Floridians.
To raise awareness in Tallahassee, and around the state and nation, we need your help!
On Monday, February 3, 2014, at 2 pm, Florida’s United Ways will host an hour-long TweetChat, using #LiveUnitedFL. United Ways will discuss the importance of working together, engaging partners and taking part in social media to move the needle on pertinent issues.
We have secured two expert panelists to help us answer questions and offer guidance: early education expert Phyllis Kalifeh Ed.D., president and CEO, Children’s Forum; and former U.S. Congressman Jason Altmire, SVP, Public Policy and Community Engagement, Florida Blue.
Here’s how you can help:
1) Promote the #LiveUnitedFL TweetChat to your networks via emails, Facebook and Twitter, inviting them to raise their voices on Feb. 3 at 2 pm.
2) Tweet messages before and during the TweetChat, remembering to tag your Florida legislators, early learning and healthcare advocates and media; always using hashtag #LiveUnitedFL.
- Join #LiveUnitedFL for a TweetChat, Feb 3, 2pm: take action for early education & affordable healthcare during the FL Legislative Session
- Learn what #UnitedWay is doing to improve our lives in #Florida. On Feb. 3 at 2pm join our TweetChat #LiveUnitedFL
- Want to learn more about #earlyed & healthcare legislation in FL? Join [your united way twitter handle] & all FL United Ways, Mon, 2pm on #LiveUnitedFL
- Join all 32 Florida United Ways for a TweetChat on Feb. 3 at 2 pm, to learn how you can take action and push for early education and affordable healthcare during the Florida Legislative Session. Search for #LiveUnitedFL on Twitter for more information.
- Help make quality early education and access to affordable healthcare in Florida a priority during the 2014 Florida Legislative Session. Join us Feb. 3, at 2 pm, on Twitter by searching #LiveUnitedFL to learn more.
3) Join us on Twitter on Feb. 3, at 2pm, search for #LiveUnitedFL and take part in the conversation.
But the action doesn’t stop on Monday! The whole week, we will be focusing on ways that United Ways are advancing the common good in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health.
- Monday – Launch the 2014 United Way Impact Week with a TweetChat using #LiveUnitedFL to explain the Florida United Way Consensus Legislative Agenda
- Tuesday – Quality Early Learning
- Wednesday – Access to Healthcare
- Thursday – Financial Stability for Florida’s Future
- Friday – Call to Action – how can Floridians, corporations and organizations make a difference
Thank you for everything you do to make Florida a better place for all!