United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties advances the common good by giving people the opportunities for a better life. United Way brings together the people and resources necessary to create lasting change.
A picture is worth a thousand works and our volunteer photographers help us to capture the work that United Way and its thousands of volunteers are doing in Volusia and Flagler Counties.
- Photographers will be go and capture in images the work being done by United Way and its Volunteers at a variety of events.
- Sample assignments include:
- Volunteers Projects such as: rebuilding a playground, collecting, sorting and distributing food, painting at a local nonprofit, reading to children, etc.
- United Way events such as The Power of the Purse Luncheon, Annual Meeting, and HMD Awards Dinner
- General marketing photo shoots at United Way and its Partner Agencies
- Ability to work independently on projects with limited supervision.
- Your own camera/equipment and transportation.
- Submit digital copies of photos to UW in a timely manner, usually within 1 week.
- Editing: many photographers wish to do their own editing but this is not required.
Benefits to Photographers:
- Be inspired! Seeing our volunteers in action is a truly inspirational experience.
- Get published! Many of our event photos are published in local media or used in marketing and promotional materials. Other photos will be posted online and on social media.
- Get exposure! Photos used will be credited to the photographer as much as possible, including linking on social media sites.
For more information: (please consider sending a link to your online portfolio)
Crystal Elkins, Director of Marketing and Events